Tuesday, September 08, 2009

2009 recap

And, continuing on to 2009!

January-

*bachelorette party for my friend Angela

*Work trip to Montana where it was -----(negatives) cold! Who goes to Montana in January anyway?

*another prenatal appt.

*First appt. in Little Rock with perinatologist about Ethan's kindey problems


February-

*another prenatal appt. and many, many appts. in Little Rock

*basketball season is in full swing

*Deer survey at work.


March-

*My baby shower for Ethan (or big brother party) as jackson would call it.


*Another prenatal appt. and appts. in Little Rock.

*Childbirth class--like it's gonna do any good anyway. it never goes as planned.

*A scrapbooking friend of mine let her baby Evan fly to Jesus. I still think of them daily.

*Angela's wedding

*And I'm getting MUCH bigger. See?






April-

*Jackson graduated from 3 year old preschool. What a little guy!



*Ethan is born on April 16 (1 day late actually.) That's pretty much it for this month. In between doctors appointments, diapers, feeding and crying, who has time for anything else?

-the day he was born he had an ultrasound and he was diagnoisedwith a duplicate collecting system on his left kidney. In short, he has two ureters (the tubes that carry urine from the kidney to the bladder) instead of just 1. You would think that would be good, right? Not so in this case. The extra ureter has made a sort of balloon inside his bladder called an ureterocele and will need surgery to be corrected.

--Ethan was a bit jaundiced and had to stay under home therapy lights for about a week but that was really no surprise. Jackson had to do the same thing due to ABO juandice issues so at least we were expecting it this time around.








May-

*Jackson tured 4 complete with a pirate themed birthday party




*I had my first mothers day with 2 boys

*My grandma died. She was 89 years old. She did get to meet Ethan and we did get a picture, and for that I'm thankful. I remember she mumbled, " He's so little..."


June-

*First appt. with pediatric urologist in Little Rock for Ethan

*We see GREASE the musical at Foothills Little Theater in Ozark. jackson loved it!

*Ethan has cystoscopy procedure on his ureterocele.

*we have post surgery complication and end up back at St Edwards 2 days after surgery.

* two days after that we are transported back to Children's hospital with elevated blood pressure and decreased kidney function. Ethan wears a catheter for awhile to give his bladder time to heal.



July-

*we get to come home with catheter in place



*The catheter therapy appears to be a success!

*Didn't do much on 4th of July. Did see a few fireworks from afar. can't do much with a sick baby.

*Attended BBQ and surprise wedding for a friend! That was a fun time.

*Jackson has swim lessons again this year and does much better.



*Follow up appt. for Ethan--still doing well.

*I go back to work and Ethan goes to daycare


August-

*More follow up appts. for Ethan.

* 1 year ago I found out I was pregnant. Remember?



*I take jackson to see Wiggles along with Leah and her daughter Laynie.

*Jackson has a back to school bash complete with hot dogs and homemade ice cream. YUM!

*Jackson starts 4 year old preschool


And so, that brings us up to September 2009. I'll try to do better blogging people.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I loved the update!! I've been waiting and waiting. :)

StephF said...

Whew! That wore me out! And your Aug 09 made me think you were expecting again for just a second! :D Love the update!