Tuesday, November 22, 2005

a sad day...

My grandmother's last sister died yesterday. She was 96 years young, 97 next month. Talk about a great, long life! There must just be wonderful longevity genes on that side of the family. All of the women on that side have lived to grow old, at least to 90 something.

A great, long life I'd say! She was born a couple months premature and had no fingernails, toe nails, eyebrows and lashes when she was born. Her family put her in a shoe box behind the wood stove...their incubator of sorts 100 years or so ago. It's amazing she even lived. Then, 96 years later...you get the picture.

She was fine up until about 2 months ago, then she went downhill fast. So, tomorrow will be a funeral. I just hope it doesn't rain. I hate funerals in the rain. Well, I don't particiularly like funerals anyway, but especially if it rains.

2 comments:

StephF said...

When my great-grandmother died it rained. It was my dad's grandmother and he and my mom had been divorced for 20 years but she went with me to the funeral because she really loved my grandma. She said something that stuck with me when I said I hated funerals in the rain. The angels in heaven are weeping because they know another one is joining them but leaving one less here on earth. For some reason that made me feel better. Hope it does for you too.

SSgtBullsGirl said...

Lexi know that your whole family is in our prayers. we are here for you. huggs le anne