Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Nice to "see" you again...

Yes, I know, I know...it's been forever and a day since I've blogged. I don't really know why. The day gets away from me and before I know it, its time to get to bed and do it all over again the next day.

So, what have I been up to since the last blog entry? Well, where do I begin?

I've been very, very busy with work and its only going to get more busy. I spent a week working with the wildfire efforts when they had such bad fires in Oklahoma, Texas area. Then, back to the office to work on project work there.

We're getting new landscaping done around the house this spring, which I'm super excited about. My grandma didn't get to have her hip replacement surgery. They found out she has a bad heart murmur, so now they have to do tests to see if she can even withstand a hip surgery. If she can't, I guess she'll be out of luck..poor woman.

March is gonna be BUSY! Work with the fire efforts throughout the US first part of March, then off to oklahoma for a conference, then back home for a day or so, then Richard and I are headed to Washington DC for another conference I have. He'll get to roam the town while I'm stuck doing "conference things", whatever that might be.

Something new Richard and I are doing is we're trading off babysitting with a couple friends, so we can have a date night at least once a month. All of you with kids, remember when you actually got to have a date with your husband? well, it's been too long for Richard and I, so that changed beginning of this year. Each month, we take turns planning our date. january was mine, so we went on an bald eagle watch on Beaver Lake. We saw 6-7 eagles that day and got within a couple hundred feet of two of them. Neat to see...February is his date night. wonder what he has planned? He has given no hints as of yet.

Other than that, we're moving on....jackson will be 9 months old the 13th of this month. That's just in a few days actually. It'll be time to plan his first b-day before I know it. Actually, I've already kinda thought about it, but no definite plans yet.

Enough for now. Take care!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hallelujah! She blogs again!! Nice to hear an update from you Lexie. I can't believe that Jackson is getting so big! His birthday will be here before you know it, trust me. I feel like Jenna was just 9 months old and she will be THREE in just a few weeks! How did that happen??

StephF said...

good to hear from you! Love the trade off idea. David and I need a date!!